How to start an internet radio station on Mac computer1. Register on Museter.com
To begin you must first purchase a radio hosting package.
2. Getting Started with Nicecast
Now that you have your Museter SHOUTcast server. It is time to start broadasting your online radio station.
a. Install Nicecast
You can download Winamp Standard by clicking Rogue Amoeba's website.
b. Configure Nicecast for streaming
1. Launch Nicecast
2. By default, Nicecast will select iTunes as the audio source. In most cases this will be the correct source for you, however you can change it by going clicking the "Source" button.
3. Click the "Quality" button. Select the bitrate of your plan and the channel (Stereo or Mono audio) you wish to stream in.
First, enter your Bitrate. Your bitrate is the hosting package you selected(SHOUTcast v1, SHOUTcast v2, or Icecast v2) when you signed up for your account, i.e. 24, 32, 48, 64, 96, 128, or 192. Set it to the correct bitrate or below. If you set it too high your server will stop and a message will be sent to you via email. If this happens you will need to log back into your Museter Control Panel and restart it.
Set your sample rate to 44.100 Khz
4. Click "Window" in the menu bar and select "Show Server".
5. In the sidebar, click the "+" button to add a new server.
6. Input your Museter radio server information here
Make sure you have the correct settings here. You can retreive your Server IP, Port and Source Password by logging into your control panel at Streams.Museter.com and clicking on the "quick links" link or by referring to your welcome email. It is important that this information be entered correctly or you will not be able to connect to your Icecast hosting server. Make sure you are using your Source password and not your admin password. You can find your source password by clicking on the "Settings" link in your Museter Control Panel and then by clicking the small key icon next to where it says Source Password. Leave your mount point blank if using a SHOUTcast v1 server. If using SHOUTcast v2 server you can leave blank or use a mount point that you have configured in your control panel. If you are using and Icecast server then set it to "/live", without the quotes, as this is your default live connection mount. If you have configured a different mount point you will need to edit this accordingly. LEAVE ACCOUNT SETTING BLANK. Public URL is your station website.
7. Close the server window and go back to the main Nicecast window.
8. Nicecast supports live voice over providing a method to mix live audio with audio streaming from an application such as iTunes. This capability is accessed from the Effects Window:
9. Once you have added the Voice Over effect, you can configure the input from the voice over window:
10. Nicecast also supports archiving. Your webcasts can be saved directly to mp3 files via the Nicecast Archiving window:
11. All other settings for your broadcast can be configured from the Nicecast Broadcast window. When you have everything configured, click the "Start Broadcast" button to start webcasting.
3. Now that you are streaming music to the world you need to allow listeners to tune in.There are many ways that a listener can tune in to your online radio station. If you have your own web page Museter provides you with links, scripts and players to place on your online radio station site. These can be found within the Museter control panel.
What are you wating for? Order now!
4. Questions? If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact Museter support. We hope you enjoyed our guide on how to start a radio station.