How to start an internet radio station with SHOUTcast using Winamp1. Register on Museter.com
To begin you must first purchase a radio hosting package.
2. Get your computer ready to broadcast your online radio station
Now that you have your Museter SHOUTcast hosting serverm, it is time to start broadasting your online radio station. The steps belows will get your online radio station set up and streaming live.
a. To begin install Winamp Standard
You can download Winamp from the Nullsoft Website.
Please note that while Winamp has a Mac OSX version, the required plugin does not. Winamp cannot be used to stream from OSX. For an alternative, please consider Nicecast.
b. Next install the SHOUTcast DSP Plugin
Now download and install (using the default settings) the SHOUTcast DSP Plugin.
c. Enable the SHOUTcast DSP Plugin
2. Open "Preferences". (Options -> Preferences, or CTRL+P)
3. In the left menu scroll and find "DSP/Effect". Select it and then in the right window select "Nullsoft SHOUTcast Source DSP v2.2.3 [dsp_sc.dll]".
4. Close the Preferences window by clicking the Close button.
5. You will now see a Nullsoft SHOUTcast Source window running right next to Winamp. Now every time you start Winamp this window will open with it.
d. Next configure SHOUTcast Source which is the the SHOUTcast SourcePlugin
The first settings you will need to modify are the connection settings.
2. Input your server information here.
3. Select "Yellowpages", and fill in your online radio station information.
4. Click the "Encoder" tab, and select "MP3 Encoder" and your bitrate settings. Make sure you select a bitrate that is equal to or less than your account max bitrate. Otherwise your station will have problems connecting and your account could be suspended.
e. Here is how you DJ
1. Click the "Input" tab.
2. If you are going to stream music only, then select the Winamp(Recommended) under input Device. If you are doing a talk show and want to stream live from your microphone select Soundcard Input.
4. The Soundcard Input selection will allow you to broadcast from your microphone or a Line Input. You would use the Microphone setting for talk shows and when you dj between songs.
The Microphone can also be used to broadcast live shows, i.e. live music in the field, live interviews, sports, and news coverage. The Line Input can also be used for the same purpose.
Want to take live calls? This is more of an advanced setting snd will require you to use a mixer and cell phones. You would plug your mic and your cell phone(s) into your mixer and hook up your mixer to your computer and select whatever device you are under the input device settings. Most cases if you use a usb to connect from your mixer you would then select that device. Depending on how many ports you have on your mixer you could plug mutiple cell phones into the mixer which would enable you to talk with more then one person or have more available lines for people to call in.f. Start broadcasting
To start broadcasting live click the Connect button. You are now streaming whatever music is in your winamp palyer to the world.
l. Now that you are streaming music to the world you need to allow listeners to tune in.There are many ways that a listener can tune in to your online radio station. If you have your own web page Museter provides you with links, scripts and players to place on your online radio station site. These can be found within the Museter control panel.
What are you wating for? Order now!
5. Questions? If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact Museter support. We hope you enjoyed our guide on how to start a radio station for your Shoutcast Hosting Server.
DDoS Attack Protected Servers!Keeping your radio online 24/7 is our job. Each day, Museter is on the front lines defending your radio station against massive, complex DDoS attacks in order to ensure complete availability of your radio station. From routine requirements to emergencies, Museter DDoS mitigation technology is at the forefront of zero day defense.
Speedy & ReliableBy using virtual radio hosting servers, with superior Internet connections, we are able to provide our customers with highly optimized radio servers and mimimal-buffer streaming. This, combined with our 99.99% uptime, means that you can rest assured that your radio stream will always be available when your listeners need it..s need it..
Exclusive Museter Control PanelThe Museter Control Panel provides information about listener trends and demographics, data transfer, track performances and popularity, user agents, and much, much more.